
Eric and I volunteered for My Way or the Tri Way Triathlon. We volunteered last year, working the "bike out" and had a lot of fun. This year, we helped set up the transition area (at 5:30 am!) and organized the food tables for after the race. We got snazzy neon green shirts and a free pair of Crocs! Oh yeah, we also get to feel good about giving back to the community. I also had the opportunity to catch up with some former co-workers who were also in attendance (1 athlete, 1 support crew member). Eric and I have so much fun at this race, we might make this our annual "couples' activity".
Afterwards, we went to Littleton for a family gathering. This part of the family is from Eric's maternal-grandmother's side. There was a wedding for one of the cousins, so a bunch of the fam were down from Nebraska. We got to see people who we haven't seen since OUR wedding. It's amazing how quickly time gets away from us. At good time was had by all, and it is unfortunate that it tookso long for us to reunite.
I should've taken a nap today, but the ship has sailed on that one, so I'll just have to go to bed early. Oh well.
Food for thought: Life is too short not to call or send a card to someone you're thinking about. You just might contact them when they need you the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment