Monday, August 11, 2008

Screaming Hallelujah!

So I'm going to borrowing ( modify) lyrics of Paramore for this entry.
"This time I didn't give,
I 'd thought it last forever.
Now screaming hallelujah.
I didn't last forever."

The Paladin of Mariposa is D-O-N-E! Stick a fork in that baby!
So here are my crazy stats.

Date started: 5/7/2007 Date finished: 8/11/2008
Total time on project: 1 year, 3 months, 4 days
Longest chapter: 13,096 words, 49 double spaced pages
Shortest chapter: epilogue- 338 words, 1.5 double spaced pages
Average length of a chapter: 24.2 double spaced pages
Most words written in one day: 3,537 words
POM's total word length: 117, 978 wordsPOM's total length: 435.5 double spaced pages
I ended up with a prologue, an epilogue, and 16 chapters. All these numbers and chapter set ups are subject to change during revisions. Especially since I have an itty-bitty epilogue, I may combine this into the last chapter.

I thought that when I got to that last period, I would give a big sigh of relief, but it was like, "Shoot, I'm done." That means there more in me for the sequel.

What a journey! I have learned so much about writing and reading and the power of one's own mind. There were days I wanted to set my computer on fire and on other days, I stayed up until 2 in the morning because I was having an inspiration surge.

Two things have to happen now. 1) get minor corrects and clarificationst taken care of, 2)let the darn thing simmer for 1-2 months. Hands off completely; it'll be torture I tell you.

Now comes the fun part of trying to get this puppy published, but it can't be as hard as writing a novel. Right?

Here is the Paramore video in case you were interested.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooooooo..... proud of you!
Yea!! let's party
Mom

Iron Eric said...

Oh Boy!! Can't wait till the book gets published!!!