Hello friends and family!The beginning of a new year always brings with it New Year's resolutions. I haven't been the best at keeping mine in the past, but my goal this year is to set an achievable goal and run with it. This is specifically targeted at our blog.
I take full responsibility for its neglect and can only hope you accept my deepest apologies. I could give you a handful of excuses, but in the end, the blog is still lonely. Part of the problem is that I take a lot of pictures, because a blog without pictures is a bit boring. By the time I've downloaded the pictures from my camera, two weeks or more have gone by and with it, all the little details that make for interesting reading.
Another reason I have neglected things is that I don't have much to blog about. I could talk about every little thing that we're doing, but how interesting would that be? So here is my proposal for 2011:
I'm going to shoot for a writing series.
For the month of January, I'll be playing catch up with Christmas pics/video and Ariel updates. For February, I'm planning a dissected look at the Disney Princesses. Yes, all ten of them. I do a lot of research for my novels and only my critique group reaps the benefits. So why not apply the same technique to something that is so prominent (and profitable) in our culture? I'll be looking at the country of the story's origin, major differences between the original and Disney versions of our heroine, and moral/social implications of the tale.
I'm really excited about this. I know it'll be a ton of work, but perhaps if I have something to write about, then the blog will be updated more frequently. I hope you all will join us for a deeper look at the fairy tales we grew up with.
In between princess posts, I'll do my best to keep you abreast of the family happenings.
2 comments:
Happy New Year!
I'm eagerly awaiting the Ariel updates and your Disney princesses analysis. Ironically enough I was just talking about the Disney princesses with my brother two weeks ago. I can't wait to see what you have.
A whopping 10 princesses, eh? Holy cow, has it been a while since I was a kid! Well I just figured out the whole subscribing-to-a-blog thing, so I'm hoping to stay on top of the Green Team All Stars and their stats in 2011 :) I just got your newsletter the other day, which is always super great. I'll be looking forward to March when you will be analyzing MY favorite Disney princess, Sleeping Beauty (I like it blue). Happy New Year, my Rocky Mountain friends!
Post a Comment