Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Retograde Series: Episode 3 - Boston Update

Despite near stress fractures in both legs, Eric had a good Boston Marathon experience. He finished in a time 3:10:56. Awesome! Ariel and I are so proud of him. We signed up to receive updates on my cell phone, but something happened to Boston's system and no one was notified. I'm sure there were some pretty upset spectators out there. I was a little ticked, but technology is only good when it works, right?
Eric was a bit disappointed with his finish, but even with the slower-than-expected time, he re-qualified to run Boston next year. He is seriously considering it, as an act of redemption. We'll see how that goes. We have some time before we really have to make a firm decision. Right now, Eric is training for the Denver Rock-n-Roll Marathon in October. Sounds like a good time to me.
Check out the full Boston race report at http://www.ironeric.blogspot.com/

Below is part of the telecast of the race. I woke up late and totally missed the TV coverage. Dang sleep. Around 1:05, look for a guy dressed as Minnie Mouse. Eric is off to right. He's wearing a neon lime-green shirt and a white hat. When the word "Thunder" comes on screen, Eric is behind the letter "d". I guess he did get on TV after all.

No comments: