Monday, August 10, 2009

Love in the Rose Garden

Friday night, we witnessed the marriage of Cheryl and Shane. It was held outdoors in a lovely rose garden under a gazebo. The lighting was just right for some fabulous pics and a beautiful ceremony. There were about 150 people who came from all over to attend this event. It's funny because even though we live close to Eric's family in Colorado, it took a wedding in Oregon for us to finally get together.

Ariel had been such a trooper, putting up with her her parents carting her all over creation. However, this night, she had had enough. Right around dinner time, as she was falling asleep, the loud welcome of the wedding party startled her. The ruckus upset Ariel and we spent the next hour or so, trying to calm her down. This isn't the first time Eric and I have eaten a cold diner and I'm sure it won't be the last. The entire situation was a little embarrassing because I felt like we were disturbing the other guests. Plus, with everyone wanting to "help", I felt as is they were telling me that I wasn't handling my child right. Believe me. I think I know what I'm doing. But once Ariel finally crashed, she slept through the reception (especially the loud music). She was very tired.
wedding partyAriel and cousin Emily
Eric and I made sure we danced as long as we could. We needed the adult time for sure. The next day, Shane's parents hosted a brunch and we were able to spend some time with the bride and groom. Congratulations to Cheryl and Shane, may your lives always be blessed!
Ariel with cousin Cheryl (bride)

No comments: