The summer has flown by and our little girl is three months old. When did that happen?
While we had our backs turned (0r while we had our eyes open), Ariel started to master the adorable art of laughing and smiling. She even talks to us (or at us) with her cooing. We like to say that Ariel is "telling us how it is." She is also working on reaching, grasping and putting whatever she finds into her mouth.
Ariel has experience some significant firsts this month, like her first airplane ride and first play date (with my friend Mina's son, Haylen). She also had her first 12 hour night of sleep.
Right now, she is going through a growth spurt and her lovely 8-9 hr sleeping streak at night, has now dwindled to 3-4 hrs. Thankfully, this should only last 2-7 days. Right.
Ariel has also been drooling quite a bit and chomping on her fingers ceaselessly. Eric and I believe she's pre-teething. I checked her gums and I can't feel anything popping through, but I'm sure there's something going on. She also enjoys smiling at herself in the mirror. Oh, its just a taste of things to come.
Ariel's likes and dislikes are becoming more apparent. The other day, she threw the biggest hissy fit about her tinkling dragonfly. We had taken it off to get through airport security. I went to put it back on her car seat, and this is what set her off. Each time I took it off, she was quiet, but when the dragonfly made its appearance, Ariel let loose. I guess they must have had some kind of disagreement.
So here are some pictures from the past month. Enjoy!



1 comment:
Adorable pictures as usual. It seems as if you all have had an interesting and eventful summer. I must say however that I'm feeling pretty sympathetic for the poor dragonfly. I don't know what he did but he managed to get on Ariel's bad side. Hopefully they'll make up one day.
P.S. That's a super cute picture of the three of you to the right.
Post a Comment