Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

So we celebrated Valentine's Weekend by sharing our time with family and friends (honestly, we see each other enough as it is :0) I went to my co-worker's baby shower on Saturday and Eric hosted a Coffee Party on Sunday.

Saturday: I couldn't just do the old stand by and buy my coworker, Mina, a gift card or some item off her registry. So, I cheated and bought a quilt kit and made her baby boy a quilt. It's full of texture with flannel, cotton, and chenille squares and circles. I added a touch of red yarn for anchoring and aesthetic purposes. I hope that the baby will like it. Mina's mom made her baby shower cake (pictured below) and man, was it amazing. Marble cake and rich buttercream frosting. I'm drooling just thinking about it. It was a lovely party and Mina and her husband were totally showered in love.

Sunday: Now, I'm sure you've heard of wine tasting parties, where everyone brings a bottle of wine and everyone gets a sip (or two out) from it. Then they score each one a variety of parameters and then the group discusses things (if you even make it to this step). So based off this premise, the coffee party was born. He invited some of his coworkers, his parents and a few friends. Even though I can have some caffeine, I chose instead to stick to the sweet bubbly euphoria known as soda. The party lasted about 2.5 hours and I hope and pray everyone was able to sleep that night. Good clean fun, in any case.

Our godson, Phoenix
However, you spent your Valentine's Day/Weekend, we hope that you spent it with someone you care about.

No comments: