
So, after much discussion and deliberation, Eric and I have come to the decision that I will pursue my alternative teaching license. We spoke with Aurora, Denver, and Douglas County School districts. Douglas County seems most promising as it has a waiver program. If you have 24 semester hours in the content area you want to teach, then you can be considered for the program. But they are only looking to fill hard to fill areas with this program- math, science and special education. After being accepted, then I would have to find a job, which should pose few problems, and be hired. I would then be able to teach, while going to school to get the license.
It all sounds a little squirrly, but with my master's degree, I could be making a nice chunk of change while I change the world through young people. I would be looking to teach science as physical education has a vast pool of candiates that I would have to fight against. I'll do my best not to blow up the kids. I don't want to repeat the Vest Bomb from 8th grade, for those of you who remember such a tale.
I've ordered my official transcripts and will be applying sometime next week. I'll keep you posted.
1 comment:
Hi Nicole
That sounds like a great idea. You will make a great teacher.
Good Luck.
Aunt Bev
Post a Comment