Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Little One Stopped to High Step Eleven

So in this wintry month of April, our dear Ariel has been practicing her walking. She enjoys cruising the couch and chasing after Pazu. Now, if you ask the dog, this is the worst thing to happen since being neutered. Her second bottom tooth officially broke the surface and all in all, she is doing great. While Eric was away at Boston, the girls had some fun. Vicki and I played "Baby Toss." This is a game where Ariel become the ball and Vicki and I sit on opposite sides of the living room and pass the baby between us. Ariel in turn toddles across the floor, excited to finally be "walking." I tried to get video of it, but it's not the greatest, so you can view them below.

On April Fool's Day, Ariel's little joke was to discover the doggy door. It would have been kinda funny, had I not found her half way out the door. Since she can't navigate going downstairs, that would have been very scary fall. And speaking of stairs, she is a little mountain climber when it comes to scaling the steps leading up from the basement. We can't leave her alone for a minute or she'll have started her ascent. Wish I had that kind of energy.

Ariel is still and avid reader, but even though he hears several stories a day, she's a girl of few words.
Here are the pics of Ariel at 11 months. Enjoy!
thbpbpthpt! I have more toys than you.
a reflection of happy
indecision
grease monkey baby
sunday morning (while she is 10 mo old, I couldn't pass on this)



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! I love all of the pictures but I have to say that I'm a bit partial to that grease monkey picture. She looks so serious as if she's saying "a $250 oil change is absolutely necessary. Do you think that I don't know what I'm talking about? Armchair mechanics."

All-Stars said...

lol! That's absolutely hilarious, Jenny. She does look a bit serious, doesn't she? That'll be the day when she uses her womanly wiles to get money/gifts from men. Hopefully, WAAAAAAY into the future. Like when she's thirty!