Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy 30th, Big Daddy!

I'm still catching up on all our April activities. Sorry. Anyway, we were happy to celebrate Eric's 30th birthday!

The girls (Ariel, Vicki, and I) took Eric to his favorite Italian fast food place-Fazoli's. Once you eat their hot and buttery, fresh-out-of-the-oven breadsticks, you'll understand why it's his favorite.

That evening, he had a poker night with the guys at the house. I'm glad he had the opportunity to share this milestone with the peeps that helped get him to this point. For better or worse.

That weekend, the 'rents took us to Cheddar's, our new favorite American restaurant. they have some fat and tasty margaritas for $3.50! I know . . . yum! And jumping back into the cake decorating saddle, Eric requested a monster cake for his bday. Hey, I had a Barbie cake a couple years ago, so no snickering.
I found some pics of what he wanted on the Internet, but the final masterpiece looked more like a McDonald's Fry Guy and less like the monster Eric had envisioned. I chalk it up to artistic interpretation of a theme. It tasted great, so I don't think anyone noticed my (lack of) artistic skills.
This day was also exciting because Ariel took her first two un-aided steps all by herself. We tried our hardest to get it on video, but as she often tells us, "I am not a circus monkey, so don't expect me to perform." And there you have it.
P.S. I did celebrate my 30th back in October. I wish I would have done something big to celebrate, but I was still trying to find a balance with motherhood and wifey-poo duties. So we went to Pet Palace for their annual costume contest instead. I had a great time, but nothing beats an evening with your good friends and an awesome margarita!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy belated birthday to all. The monster cake looked so friendly. I haven't eaten at a Fazolis in years but their breadsticks are delicious. Take care everyone.