I was lucky enough to have a reason to ditch work Friday. Eric's work threw up a baby shower. With only about two weeks to plan, everything was just perfect. There was a Mexican pot luck and this absolutely delicious cake from Costco (yellow cake with strawberry filling, oh yeah). Even though it was held in the middle of the day, we had an impressive turn out.I really enjoyed opening all the gifts and oohing and ahhing over all things tiny and pink. But I'm really gratefully that Eric works with so many people who genuinely care about him and his family. Everyone was amazing and I had so much fun meeting staff and getting reacquainted with those I had previously met.

Thank you all so much for caring about our family so very much. We truly appreciate all the love and hard work you put into throwing this lovely party.
Shortstop Update: After the party, we headed over for our OB/GYN appointment. Shortstop's heart rate is 148 beats per minute and she is showing signs of being head down. I've gained another 1.5 lbs and my belly is measuring 33.5 cm. We both are doing great and because every is right on target, I have a feeling that she will show up around her due date. However, I had this dream where she was born on April 28th, so we'll have to wait and see.
As far as pregnancy related things go, I have openly declared that I refuse to waddle. I even wore high heels today, just to make my point (and they happily matched my outfit). I feel that pregnancy is such a beautiful time in a woman's life, why would you want to ugly it up by waddling? For those of you who waddled, don't be too offended. I am a Scorpio, which makes me a bit stubborn. Even if I have to walk all crazy, I will whatever is necessary to maintain my sassy runway strut.
28 weeks (7 months, 2 days)
33 wks (8 months, 2 days)
2 comments:
Congrats Eric and Nicole! I'm so excited for you! Little girls are so precious and fun to dress up. Enjoy your last few weeks of rest.
I guess that I'll be Captain Obvious and say that it's not much longer now. Wow! Where did the time go? And don't worry, strut your stuff and work that runway (or sidewalk).
Jennifer
Post a Comment