Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gearing Up for Drama

Tonight Eric and I went to our first child birth prep class. There were about 10 other couples there and you could see all the women checking each other's bellies out (yes, I'm guilty). We watched a video about the stages of childbirth, which when I read about it in my Anatomy book, didn't seem so vivid. Now that I'm pregnant and will have to endure this cycle of life, I'm totally freaked out. Eric, on the other had, was calmed by the knowledge he received. He's actually ready to be my support team captain and put on his cheerleader's uniform.
We took a tour of the labor and delivery wing and I was impressed. Everything was hotel grade and the birthing room even has a jacuzzi tub to sit in for active labor. The baby is never out of the mother's sight and will stay in the room with mom until they both are discharged. Pretty cool, huh?
We have three more classes to attend and hopefully we'll be well prepared for the drama that will ensure on the big b-day.

No comments: