Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A jewel and a legend

Friday, Eric scored tickets to the Concert for Kids charity concert. They were free to us, so that made it superfaboulus. The concert was held at Fiddler's Green, an outdoor amphitheatre. We were in the "balcony", but overall, they were decent seats.

The opening act was none other than Jewel. I have to tell yall, she's great in concert and she cracked me up with her jokes. I didn't believe it was her at first, because they hadn't yet turned on the Jumbo Tron. I was like "This is a really good impersonator." Then the screen came on and I saw her teeth. Confirmation. I think she had to tone things down, because some of her music is a little on the controversial side. It was a concert honoring kids, after all. Jewel's my girl.

The main act was the very handsome and talented, John Legend (here's a napkin for that drool). John electrified the audience when he walked out on stage and I thought the girl next to me was going to hyperventilate. He played a great set with lots of rhythm, soulful vocals, and that killer piano. He reminds me of a male version of Alicia Keys.

We had a great time on our free date night.

No comments: