Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

We celebrated Father's Day with Eric's fam. We feasted on tasty steaks and potato casserole. I made a strawberry and cream cake, but it was nothing like the monstrosity I made for Eric's bday.

This year, we had an extra guest as Jesse's friend, Olga, was visiting. She is from Kazakhstan and she had a 24 hr flight just to get to Colorado. I give her mad props, I'm such a wimp when it comes to traveling by plane.

Roger got a new digital camera from the crew. I'm kicking myself right now because I forgot to take a picture of the card Pazu gave to his "grandfathers". It had the feel of a scrapbook page and Pazu's picture was on the front and it said "Happy Father's Day" in stickers. On the inside, I put a quote by John Steinbeck that said,
"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that dogs think humans are nuts."

.Then I wrote something Pazu would say on the other side. I think the grandma's were more in love with the card.

It was a beautiful day and we had a wonderful visit. (This is the picture on the front of the card).

No comments: