Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Week of Sabotage


Here's the scoop. I have decided that I want the first draft of my novel completed by the middle of June. In order to do this, I have been diligently writing 2,000 words a day (about 7-10 pages)! Yeah it's crazy, and yeah it's super hard, but I've got to get this thing out of my head. The Kids (Vaila & Cenric) are driving me crazy.

So this is how the week of writing sabotage came to pass.

So, I wrote Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, totaling about 5,000 words. I really wasn't feeling the writing vibe, so I struggled all three days. I was getting so frustrated I just wanted to shut the computer off and say the heck with things (self sabotage). I went grocery shopping on Wednesday, the zoo on Thursday, Friday I spent all morning at the spa and Saturday I went to the reservoir with Eric, so he can practice his open water swim (all external sabotage).

Life is a saboteur to the things we have planned, but if we were not living, there would be nothing to plan for.

So, instead of beating myself up about not writing for 4+ days, I've been telling myself the Kids are on vacation at Grandma's house. They'll call when they're ready to come home.

No comments: