Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Paladin of Mariposa


For those of you who don't know, I am in the process of writing my first novel. It is of the fantasy variety and the working title is "The Paladin of Mariposa." Here is a synopsis:

As reigning national video game champion, Vaila Grayson is an idol among her peers. One day, she is given a video game prototype to test drive and review. What she doesn't know, is that the game has been cursed. She is forced to endure a saucy knight, named Cenric, and they must find a way save Spain from a renegade cloud of dark magic. While they search for a way to break the curse and defeat the enemy, the pair will experience a world of anceint magic, interesting riddles, and an ending that may surprise you.

My target audience is 16yr old - mid twenties, due largely in fact to all the video game jargon. I completed chapter 7 yesterday (that's roughly 130 pgs double spaced, so far). My goal is to have the entire first draft completed no later than Christmas. If I'm going to teach in the fall, I'd best get a move on.
I'm thinking about changing the title. Most people are like, WTF is a paladin?

2 comments:

Sara Norwood said...

How cool that you are writing a book! I must admit, however, that I have no idea what a paladin is either.

Anonymous said...

You are so much more ambitious than I am, Cole, more power to you!

Isn't a paladin like a heroic character, i.e. Robin Hood?

Hope everything is well with you!!