Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 4: Mermaid Ambitions

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Ariel who wanted to be a mermaid. Wait a minute, is that how the story goes?
Recently, we took Ariel to the pool, where we stayed wet and wrinkled for 3 hours!

She would stand at the edge of the pool and throw a toy in water. Then she would jump in and we'd catch her, "swim" her out to the toy and then back to the pool.

 
On one toss, she chucked the toy half way across the pool, I turned to see where it went when she jumped in. And no one was there to catch her. Panicked, I fished her from the bottom and hauled her up. Ariel came up spluttering and laughing. "Mommy, I went under the water. I touched the bottom." So glad only Eric and I were traumatized.

No comments: