Monday, April 12, 2010

Welcome to My Corner of the Institution

I've come to realize that Easter is my favorite holiday. It's a time when winter is finally starting to shake us loose, spring is around in the corner and everything is coming back to life.

My sanity, however, tends toward the route of a 'day late and a dollar short.' Eric's mother was hosting Easter this year and was expecting eighteen people. Since I enjoy baking (and showing off), I volunteered to make dessert. I had originally planned for the ribbon jello and the angel lush cake, but with so many people, I had to step up my game.
So, I spent two nights burning up in my kitchen creating the following six desserts: sugar cookies with strawberry icing, cherry icebox cookies, apple buttermilk pie, angel lush cake, run raisin pie, and ribbon jello (in pretty Easter colors).

Everything was delicious and I have the extra poundage to prove it.
As if all this cooking wasn't enough, I decided that I wanted a new blouse for the occasion. Since leisure shopping time is limited, I made my own blouse. I see the guys in white coats walking up the driveway now. I was surprised how well it turned out. My sewing skills are intermediate at best. I did do some power shopping and found a nice skirt to go with it.
It is two weeks post Easter and I still don't feel rested. Perhaps, it's time for a vacation.

Sisters

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your amazing- preparing all those desserts and also making your blouse for Easter! I love the picture of Vicki and You! Lauretta Cebula

Sara Norwood said...

Wow Nicole! Those desserts look super yummy. Also, I am highly impressed that you sewed your own shirt. You are like an Easter superhero :)

Jennifer said...

Those desserts look delicious and then as if to emphasize the fact that you're a domestic goddess you sew your own blouse. I envy your culinary and creative skills.That's a really sweet picture of you and Vicki.