Since I haven't had time to go shopping for Eric's first father's day, I improvised. I bought a frilly, pink sundress for Ariel. Because Eric likes to see his girls dressed up, this was her gift to her daddy. I know it sounds lame, but it's the thought that counts and Eric just beams when he shows Ariel (and her outfits) off.We started our day off with Coffee for Dad at a local coffee shop. It was a nice quiet morning and Eric and I enjoyed ourselves while Ariel caught a cat nap. Maybe we'll make this a tradition of ours.
After church, we drove up to Eric's parents house and had a nice afternoon of food and conversation. Jesse grilled the steaks and I made dessert (a lemon pound cake). Don't ask what time I had to do this. I honestly don't remember.
We had a good day, but we may go to the reservoir and have a picnic lunch next year.



No comments:
Post a Comment