So we are head into the ninth inning, this pregnancy is moving right along.
My 38 week appointment was April 23rd. My belly was measuring 38 cm and I had lost a pound. Woo hoo! After that 6 lb jump, I was getting a little worried. That brings my total weight gain to 14 lbs. Not too shabby. Shortstop's heart rate was 148 bpm. This was the week that my cervical effacement (thinning of the cervix) and dilation was checked. I was 1 cm dilated and 20% effaced. Really? That's it? How discouraging. For those who may not know, labor begins when the cervix is effaced 100%. Then the cervical opening has to be 10 cm before pushing can begin.
36 wks (9 months, 1 day)
My 38 week appointment was April 23rd. My belly was measuring 38 cm and I had lost a pound. Woo hoo! After that 6 lb jump, I was getting a little worried. That brings my total weight gain to 14 lbs. Not too shabby. Shortstop's heart rate was 148 bpm. This was the week that my cervical effacement (thinning of the cervix) and dilation was checked. I was 1 cm dilated and 20% effaced. Really? That's it? How discouraging. For those who may not know, labor begins when the cervix is effaced 100%. Then the cervical opening has to be 10 cm before pushing can begin.
36 wks (9 months, 1 day)Had my 39 week appointment on Friday. Shortstop has descended into the birth canal is posts a heart rate of 150 bpm. My belly measured 38 cm, due in part to Shortstop dropping. I gained back that pesky pound I thought I lost, but I really shouldn't cry about 15 lbs when some women gain 50 or 60 lbs. My effacement and dilation was checked and I made some progress. 85% effacement and 2.75 cm dilated. Now that's much better. My last day of work was Monday, so maybe all the rest has been helping things along. Only six more days to go, if Shortstop is to arrive on time.

2 comments:
Dear Little Shortstop-
I know some awesome people who drove eight hrs to see you born. So I was just wondering if maybe you could come a day early. I don't want to rush you, but seriously you been in there for 9 months already! If you could just take my suggestion into consideration.
With much Love
From Your soon to be Favorite Aunt
Eric& Nicole, Thank you for sharing the excitement of "little shortstop's" birth! I have been reading it frequently and sharing the news with Julie and Beth! We are all anxiously awaiting for her birth and especially her NAME!!! Can't wait for you Mom and Dad to join this most rewarding club ever- The Grandparent Club!! Enjoy the moments ahead, much love, Lauretta Cebula
Post a Comment