Today we went to Pet Palace, a locally owned pet store (http://www.petpalaceusa.net/). Every year they have a pet costume contest. Last year Pazu went as a wizard, but he didn't place. This year, since he had such a kick-butt costume, I was hoping he would finish strong. Even if someone recognized him, that would have been a great consolation prize.Since I'm a screw up, I didn't get my costume finished before the event, even though I tried my hardest to do so. Eric dressed up and this is what made Pazu's costume so great.
Anyway, there were about 30 entrants and some of the costumes looked fantastic. I was starting to get a little worried. There were a lot of butterflies and princesses. Eric was not impressed by these. We were #27 and Eric took Pazu to center stage. Since our dog is full of chicken poo, he didn't do any tricks. He didn't pee on anything either, so I shouldn't complain.
The judges went back into deliberation and here were the results.
Honorable mention to a dog in pj's and king of the hound dogs (yes, he was dressed as Elvis in the white jumpsuit).
4th place - Pazu as a Koopa Troopa! (did they just say our dog's name?)
3rd place - dog dressed as a fighter pilot (complete with goggles)
2nd place - dog dressed as a life guard (this was cute, he had the striped shirt and life preserver)
1st place - dog and owner dressed as reconnaissance field agents (think camouflage and ammo packs)
I am totally floored by our 4th place finish. It's nice to see hard work pay off. We were also awarded a $25 gift card to the store, so we'll be using this for Pazu's Christmas and birthday gifts. Just wanted to share this wonderful and surprising accomplishment.


No comments:
Post a Comment